Sunday, January 22, 2012

Practice with flash photography

I bought the flash for my camera shortly after I purchased my first digital SLR, but never took the time to try it out and get used to the settings and controls. The other day, I had to learn how it worked because I had volunteered to take photos at a meeting the other day, and thought it was wise to do some practice shots to try out the best settings. So what better subjects than two housebound border collies! While I fiddled with the settings, and deciphered the manual (after I finally found it!), Will and Emma settled in nearby in the kitchen. They were not the best at posing, but they didn't run away either, so I had my chance to try fill light and vary the flash settings. The shot of Will with a kind of strange look on his face is my favorite shot from the afternoon. He couldn't figure out why I was just standing at the kitchen island, and kept bringing me frisbees. If I had the camera in my hand, I think he figured it was time to go for a walk, and what do we bring on the walks, but a frisbee!
Emma poses for the camera

Are we done yet?


Will brings in a frisbee Do you want two frisbees? You choose!

Ok, if you won't choose one, I choose this one!

Ok, now what?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

web tracking