Thursday, February 26, 2009

Emma
Will
This has been a busy week! Will and Emma have had their post-op check-up and they are both doing quite well. Stitches are healing well. I guess our hard work has paid off - it’s been a challenge to keep them relatively quiet and away from each other for the week (still one more day to go). We are now letting them play a little bit together, but trying not to let it get out of hand. They love to chase each other around the house, so I am trying my best to keep them in the family room, which is a smaller space. They just don’t know that they should slow down!

They also had a booster of their immunization, and since we live in New England where there is a high incidence of lyme disease, they also had the first immunization for that. This time, there was no vomitting afterwards. But Dr. Goldman did say that it is common with the lepto vaccine booster that vomitting occurs (which is what happened about a month ago). Up came the deworming medication, which meant that had to be redone in Emma (but not Will, funny enough). Apparently roundworm is quite common in puppies under three months. They get it from their mothers, usually. Who knew?

One good thing about recovering from the surgery: Will is getting better about his house training. Bit by bit. Since he is in his crate more now, he is not peeing all over like he was before. Still a long way to go, but there is some improvement. It also helps that we have put the divider in his crate and he doesn't go in there either.

Just a little aside: tomorrow should be a challenge. I am having a colonoscopy in the morning and will be under general anesthetic for it (the only way to do it!). Last time I had this done, I was pretty out of it for a good part of the day. I am not sure how I will feel about taking care of two puppies after if it's the same as last time. This should be interesting. I will let you know. I can only hope that I feel back to normal quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

web tracking